Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Steve Jobs on sick leave - Get well soon Steve.

Today is a holiday in the U.S., but all was not quiet on the American news wires. The big word today in the tech world is that Apple CEO Steve Jobs is not well.

In a letter to the Apple team, which was posted to the Apple press page, Steve Jobs informs his employees that he'll be handing the day-to-day operations to Tim Cook.


Cook previously took over for Steve Jobs when the Apple leader was going through his liver transplant quest. Below is the email he passed on to the "team" at Apple.




Team,

At my request, the board of directors has granted me a medical leave of absence so I can focus on my health. I will continue as CEO and be involved in major strategic decisions for the company.

I have asked Tim Cook to be responsible for all of Apple’s day to day operations. I have great confidence that Tim and the rest of the executive management team will do a terrific job executing the exciting plans we have in place for 2011.

I love Apple so much and hope to be back as soon as I can. In the meantime, my family and I would deeply appreciate respect for our privacy.

Steve


Love him or hate him, he's one of the most powerful and influential people in the world of computers and electronics who moves the industry forward. It's a little worrying that Jobs did not even provide a ballpark return date, so we wish him the very best and to get well soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment